Aintree Racecourse Station entrance 1905 (NMB @ 32m 1ch) (Ref: 030003)
Aintree Racecourse station (originally called Aintree Cinder Lane) was opened in the 1880s by the L&YR on its North Mersey goods only branch. The station served Aintree racecourse as was only open on race days. There were no trackside structures, the only buildings were those shown in the photograph, as It was created by raising one of the running lines to platform height and infilling the track to form a platform. This raised running line was not used whilst the station was open. Trains from many long distance points followed each other every few minutes and were run into a huge siding network to await the return journey.